HOW TO OPEN AN OFFSHORE BANK ACCOUNT
We have many customers who wrote in and asked us if we could help them to open a bank account. We can do it and we can do it well. We will explain how the customers should cooperate with us and we will help them to open an account as soon as possible.
Step 1 - List down the documents that you have and you don't have
There are basically 3 types of documents. The first category of documents is regulatory required by the banks. All the banks will need these documents and there is no way to go around with the system.
These documents are:
- Passport of the shareholders/directors/corporate secretary/authorized signatory? Yes/No
- Proof of address (utility bill/bank statement or credit card bill that is less than 3 months old) shareholders/directors/corporate secretary/authorised signatory? Yes/No
- Certificate of Incorporation of the 3 companies? Yes/No
- Memorandum and Articles of Association? Yes/No
- Certificate of Incumbency for corporates that are less than a year old or Certificate of Good Standing for corporates that are more than a year old? Yes/No
- Register of Members (Shareholders). Registered of Directors & Register of Corporate Secretary? Yes/No
The second category of documents may be required by some of the banks but not all the banks. As banks have different requirements, the set of documents can differ as well. These documents are:
- Proof Of Address for Company? Yes/No
- Other Bank Reference Letter? Yes/No
- Professional Reference Letter? Yes/No
- Latest Financial Report? Yes/No
- Other Bank Statement? Yes/No
- CV of Ultimate Beneficiary Owner? Yes/No
- Ownership/group structure? Yes/No
- Share Certificates? Yes/No
The last category of documents are documents which are "created" by the offshore company. These documents are:
- Resolution to open a bank account
- Resolution appointing director of company
- Minutes of the subscribers appointing the initial directors and all minutes by the board of directors leading to the current status of the company.
The reason why we are good in opening bank accounts for customers is because we understand the customers and we know what the banks are looking at. The most important thing to open a bank account is to avoid the list of sanction countries, the list of high-risk countries and the high-risk activities. The list of sanction countries is standard among all the banks but the high-risk countries can differ. If you can, list down the activities of your offshore company to determine if it is a high-risk activity. By listing down this information to us, we will know the suitability of the banks to you. It is this part we determine which bank account you can open.
Step 3: Decision
After we receive the information about the trading partners and the business activities, we should be able to let you know the location of the banks that are ideal for your case. You will have to decide which bank account to open account. We will also inform you which are the banks in the "ideal" list will require Apostille of the documents. We may send you the business plan for you to fill up for the banks to "underwrite". Once the bank gets back to us with a confirmation, we will proceed to the next step.
Step 4: Payment
At this stage, the client will make payment to Offshore CorpServe. We will release all the banking details to the clients after we received the payment from the client. We will release all the forms that we filled up for the client and send it to the client for signature. For customer who requires us to notarize the documents for them, we will require the client to pay the notarization fee as well. At this stage, there may be client who failed to make payment to the above services. Someone from Kenya failed to make payment to us and insisted on paying us after he opened an account for his friend who never get into contact with us, we terminated the services to the client and we will reject all the requests from the clients and its related companies in the future. Basically, the client can choose not to pay us after he received the account details if we don't receive payment at this stage. Please understand our position.
Step 5: Email us the signed documents
We will have to send all these documents for notarization and may be legalisation in Singapore. After these process, we will email a soft copy of these documents to the client and a copy to the bank. We will courier the entire set of documents to the bank.
Step 6: Wait for the bank's reply and collect the account details.
At this stage, the bank will reply to us within 2 weeks. We will know the status and details of the account by then which completes the entire process.